- To achieve ‘Economics of scale’ in waste treatment, thereby reducing the cost of pollution abatement for individual industries.
- To minimize the problem of lack of technical assistance and trained personnel.
- To solve the problem of lack of space. As the centralized facility can be planned in advance to ensure that adequate space is available.
- To reduce the problems of monitoring for the pollution control boards.
- To organized the disposal of treated wastes and sludge and to improve the recycling and reuse possibilities.